Tuesday, August 4, 2009

"Off" day today

I woke up today after hitting snooze a bunch of times and dragged myself out of bed to get ready. I wasn't really functioning well and it made my whole day feel "off." I ran out of the house without my watch (it was in my backpack from this past weekend) and jogged to the train station to catch the train because it was too hot out to walk. My eyes felt like sandpaper and I could barely keep them open. I was thinking I needed coffee this morning, so I went to grab for my wallet and had nothing! I forgot it next to my computer when I booked a flight last night. I only had enough on my Suica (train pass) card to get to school and back, and just felt so weird not having my wallet or watch. Normally, I could use my Suica card to get something from the vending machine, but I didn't have any money with me to load it up! Grrr...

The classes went okay today, but I was definitely low on energy and the kids probably noticed that. We did action words with different flashcards than I used last time, and it went well. The 3rd graders are much more functional than the 4th graders. They actually participate more and will get excited about things. It's like pulling teeth to get the 4th graders to talk and I have one boy who has not said anything in the two days, except to ask for ice cream! (Figures...)

Jen invited me over for a potluck later on in the evening, but I wasn't feeling like being social. I came back and cleaned up around the house and decided that I really wanted sushi. I got my money and wallet, loaded up my Suica card with more money, and went to Musashi Sakai to go to the conveyor belt sushi place for dinner. I didn't feel like drinking tea with the sushi so I had a beer. It was quite refreshing! I ate yummy crab salad, salmon, tuna, and a cucumber roll. Then I went to get more stickers from the department store. I ended up stopping off in other stores and got some really good deals! I am excited about the things I bought and just need to figure out who is going to get what and what I'll keep for myself! :) I'm hoping that getting to bed at 10 instead of 11:30 tonight will make me feel rested tomorrow. I think it's just the 3rd week syndrome- the end is in sight but not close enough! The kids in the 2nd session probably get less energy and crabby counselors the poor things! I had a Vitamin Guard drink today just in case my body is too run down and fighting off a cold. I will make it out of this trip without getting sick! That's it for now...

No comments: