Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Nothing much to say

Today was just a normal day. I was getting a little frustrated with some of the girls in the Tiger group. I bought new stickers and they all wanted them. I played games and the winners got a sticker. Two girls just grabbed them out of my hands and started picking what they wanted without winning. I said no to them, asked them to give it back to me, and then I set it aside. They then reached behind my back and took them back again! I took it out of their hands and one of the girls had the nerve to smile very sweetly at me like that would make me give it to her. I told her no again, and she tried to take it from my hands again. Man, I wanted to push and scream! Must be reaching my limit of being around kids. :P Ugh...I know I don't have that much of a break before I go back to work at home. :(

There wasn't anything else too exciting that happened at school unless you count the fun mail I got from Mom. :) I went back to my spot in the English teacher Resource Center at the end of the day and had an envelope waiting for me! I was a little confused about how it was taped shut. Apparently the ladies in the office were going through stacks of mail and were just mindlessly opening envelopes, not realizing that it was for me! They delivered it with their apologies. Mom had sent me a picture of Mariko, her, and me from our cruise to Alaska last summer. She said she hoped that the picture of us all bundled up would help me to stay cool. I'm not sure if that worked necessarily, but it is fun to have a nice picture of my pretty sister and mom! When others in the room watched me open it, they all did a collective "awwww!!!" I think they were jealous. :)

I'm glad to make it through today. It feels like this week is dragging, but I can definitely make it through two more days this week. Then it's my last weekend in Japan! I got home a little bit earlier than usual and have been relaxing, reading some, and made dinner. I'll go to bed at a decent time again tonight. I'm no longer achy or sore from the canyoning and feel pretty rested.

No comments: