Here is my lunch from the other day at school...(and it might explain why I'm able to have just a 120 yen rice triangle-onigiri- for dinner!) :)
The white plate is what you are given, and then you have a roll available each day, a fruit side and a salad side. You can take up to two juice boxes per meal. Imagine if these were the food choices for kids back home at school!?
I woke up today with a smile on my face. Why?! No Benadryl last night, and I slept through the whole night. I woke up feeling RESTED and not just drugged and groggy! I still have my cough now and again, but it isn't painful, I'm not achy anymore and it is amazing the difference it makes at school! Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, and good vibes you sent my way! I can enjoy my last week in Japan now.
And since I'm on the wavelength of good stuff, I captured some cute pictures of those pesky boys of mine. I was elated when all 19 of them spent a good, solid 20 minutes doing two different floor puzzles, and they begged me to take a picture of them afterwards. Here they are! :)

Yes, they are still loud and crazy, but they have figured out that my name is NOT Tomika (they were saying it like toe-me-ca)?! and we're doing things that keep them busy but not out of control. Woo hoo! Three more days!
Tonight, I went to Kichijoji with Jen for dinner and some shopping. We went to the Hub (an English pub) for fish and chips. Then, I got some little things here and there I wanted to pick up (yay for Kinkan- no more itchy mosquito bites!) and got some fun stuff for myself in the meantime. I've been cooped up sick and not spending my hard earned money! ;) Don't worry, though, I'm not spending like crazy! Any requests for stuff from here?!
1 comment:
Wow! That's a school lunch! Amazing.
If you see any Pez, anywhere... Pick them up! We'll pay you of course. I know there are vending machines that sell "mini pez" and Paul likes those too. It's hard to get a whole "set" though because it's a roll of the dice each time you buy just one from the vending machine. You don't know which one you'll get.
Post a Comment