Yay! Auntie Leslie is here! Although, it does feel a little odd since I'm in her place and she's watching me navigate around as if it's mine! :) I met her at the Kichijoji station where the limousine bus from the airport dropped her off. From there, she put her luggage in a locker and we got a Starbucks (first one of my trip here...and it's not anything they sell back home!) and went shopping. After shopping, we went to dinner and then took a taxi back to her place. I got to see the photo book I made of the Alaska trip and then pictures of Doug and Debbie and the kids from her trip to Boise. Rylie and Caden are growing up so fast!
Today was a rough day at school. I think we're all ready for it to be over. It was really heavy feeling in the air and I didn't realize that the weather called for rain. It rained in early afternoon (I forgot an umbrella) and then the air was still heavy and hot. The boys were rowdy but did okay in the morning. This afternoon, I read Dogzilla to them (yay for Dav Pilkey books!) but then they didn't really listen for the rest of the time. They broke a pencil sharpener in the room and then weren't listening when we tried to get them back to their seats. I can only imagine what they will be like there tomorrow when the parents are in the class! The girls practiced their roles for the plays and they are very serious about their parts. It was overall a good experience to do the summer day camp, and if I decide to do it again next year, I have my packing list revised and my approach will be different! I did hear that they will make the classes co-ed next year. I think I might have complained enough about my 19 boys to bring about change! Stay tuned for last day of camp news...I'm off to bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment