Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Scavenger Hunt, story, and charades

Today was the Scavenger Hunt day, but it was so hot out that it wasn't as fun as the last session. It took all morning, though, which was nice. This afternoon, the girls finished their play set designs and they were singing while they were working. They kept playing the All You Need is Love CD over and over (the camp song) and then one of the girls was singing John Denver's Country Road. One group sang Mary Poppins songs...so random!

I read a book to the boys and they LOVED it! It was the first time that they were quiet for a book I read. It was a book by Dav Pilkey called The Hallo Wiener about a dachshund named Oscar at Halloween. I wasn't sure if they'd "get it," especially since they do not celebrate Halloween in Japan. But, it's cute and the play on words were funny to me, so it was a fun one to read (note to self...add to class library)! Afterwards, I meant to introduce a gesture (charades) game, but they got so into it that we didn't break into teams and we just had them act out the cards in front of everyone. One of the boys who seemed bored all the time and never used any English was just AWESOME at charades! I kept thinking he was seeing the cards, but there was no way he could have, and he busted out with all kinds of English. Hmmm...I'll have to save that one for Parent's Day on Friday! :) Only TWO more days of camp...

This evening, I'm doing laundry and cleaning up since Auntie Leslie is coming in tomorrow! Yay! Now it's time to make dinner...

1 comment:

Tara said...

Do you fly home this weekend? Wow, that seemed to fly by.