This morning I got up around 930 with Auntie Leslie and we had a big breakfast together. She made coffee, and we ate toast, fruit and cereal. We talked about how the breakfast might be the same, but when you share it with someone, somehow it tastes better! We left the house around noon to go to the Hashimotos for a later lunch and to drop off a Coach purse Auntie Leslie got for them in the States. I guess the same purse in Tokyo would be about double the price that it sells for in the US. I had heard a lot about the Hashimotos, and they have been friends of the family for so many years. It was nice to get to spend time with them. We ate somen (cold noodles) and soba, I tried natto for the first time (did not care for it but I can say now that I tried it!) and we ate other goodies as well...onigiri, mochi with nori, and good fruit. You just cannot beat the fruit in Japan! Everything tastes a lot sweeter!
It was raining when we were leaving. Originally we planned to take the bus to Uncle Peter and Hideko`s place, but we were driven instead. Uncle Andy showed me the camera bag he had to give me so I can carry around my camera with care, and we had planned to take pictures around the area but I got sleepy. I was going to take a short nap, and we were going to take pictures around 5 pm when the lighting changed, but I woke up at 6 when Auntie Leslie came back from her hair appointment and it was time to get ready to go to church. Uncle Peter was singing with the praise team and had some solo parts. He was at the church already so Hideko, Auntie Leslie and I took the bus to the church for the Sat. night service. After the church service, we drove back towards Auntie Leslie`s neighborhood for a late dinner. We ate at this great restaurant with amazing service. We were seated in an area where we started to smell cigarettes from a nearby table and they moved us mid meal to a nice tatami room where we finished our meal. I had a Japanese style fried chicken while the others ordered the soba and sushi set. I will post pictures of that meal later...it was pretty impressive and all so tasty!
We dropped Auntie Leslie off at her place and I drove back to Peter and Hideko`s place to spend the night here. Uncle Andy and I (weather permitting) are going to head out to try out my new camera tomorrow. Auntie Leslie has to go to work tomorrow for a department head meeting/inservice. I can`t believe my time here is winding down...Monday will be my last full day and I will make my way to the airport mid morning for my evening flight on Tuesday, and I will be back in CA on Tuesday morning! This time here has been special. I feel like I am in the vacation mode part of the trip...I do not have to worry about the working part any more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment