Sunday, July 26, 2009

Short day...

...because today I REALLY slept in! I took an allergy pill last night, and that normally makes me sleepy, but I guess when you don't have to get up and get movin' it really does knock you out! I didn't wake up until 1:30 this afternoon. My original plan was to hang out in the afternoon and then meet up with the English teachers at 5:30 to head to the fireworks, but since I didn't get out the door until 2:30 to meet Sam in Shibuya, 5:30 was kinda a quick turn around time to get back to my area of town. Instead, I did some touristy things in the Shibuya area. Here is the Shibuya crossing- the Starbucks where I met him is right in the middle of all of it.

From there, we walked to Yoyogi park. There weren't any festivals or anything going on, and it was pretty hot out (bright sun hot), so we got some icees and sat in the shade, listening to a rastafarian guy play guitar and watching Germans drink wine in the sun and blow smoke into bubbles through a bubble wand. Trippy!

From Yoyogi park, we walked to Harajuku to see some Harajuku girls- it was really hot out so there weren't a lot of people out. They all seemed to be taking breaks in the shade where it was bearable because of the breeze.

I had no hugs for this guy- I was too sweaty! But he sure did know how to pose!




From Harajuku, we walked to the Meiji shrine. I don't think I have been to that one before, so we walked in the tree lined shady area to come to the main shrine entrance.




After going to see the shrine, we did a little bit of shopping and then went to a cafe for some cold drinks (and food for me). It was nice to recharge a bit outside of the sun. We walked through the Omote Sando area (saw Chuck D from Public Enemy walking down the street) and then watched a movie. I made my way home on the train and am trying to make sure I can still go to sleep at a semi-decent time. Maybe it's time to take that allergy pill again so I know that I can sleep! It will be important for me to set an alarm for tomorrow morning, though!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Awe! Tell Sam I said Hi! I couldn't quite tell in that crossing picture, but were all those little dots in the distance people?

I used to take benedryl to sleep. It doesn't do it for me now. For allergies I've found great relief with nose sprays, particularly, Patanase. If you can get your hands on some of that, you won't be so tired.

Tamiko said...

Hi Tara! I made the image bigger in the hopes that you can see that, yes, those little dots are all people! I thought you'd be able to click on the image and see it bigger, but I guess not.

Thanks for the tip on allergy nose sprays. I should look into that when I get home... :)