I guess yesterday's excitement wore me out more than I thought. I hit snooze way too many times this morning and feared I'd oversleep, so I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for school. I decided not to walk, and I packed up my backpack with my heavy laptop so I could take advantage of the wireless connection at the school to upload my pictures from Maui. I want to start on a photo book since there is a 25% off coupon that expires soon, but that means having the pictures online and not trapped in my laptop. I grabbed my swimming stuff at the last minute, too.
I took the train and saw the 3 girls in my first English class at the station. They now call out my name and say good morning. I stopped by the front office at the school and got a combination lock for the locker room. I will keep my swimming stuff at school and it'll be there when I want to swim before or after school. I shared pictures of my house with some of the English teachers since they asked about it. Looking back on the house made me miss it so much! I really wish I was there instead of in the humidity with unruly boys.
The counselor for the Tigers was absent again. Her friend told me that getting soaked and moving in and out of the air conditioning got her sick. Sounds familiar- that was me last year! We worked on money today and the kids learned the U.S. coins and bills. We started with the penny, the nickel, the dime, and then the quarter, and a boy got very upset with me that we have a dollar, a 5 dollar bill, a 10 dollar bill, and a 20 dollar bill. He said that it should be a 25 dollar bill like the quarter. Hmmm...never thought about that! This afternoon, I gave them random coins and bills and they had to add up how much they had. Then, they looked at a very outdated Denny's menu from Guam and they placed orders based on the money they had. They liked it, and for the first time, a boy told me he had fun and asked if we could do that activity again tomorrow.
After school, I was really dragging, and had to meet with my counselors for next session. One of the boys is the same, a girl from last year is joining me again this year, and then two of my other counselors weren't here today so it was a quick non-meeting! I finally decided at 4:15 that I wanted to go swimming and I'm really glad I did. I did about 32 laps (I think I may have lost count here or there!) and then walked home. It felt great, and when I got home, I made mabotofu and ate some kabocha (pumpkin) that I picked up at the store, too. I've spent the rest of the evening going through pictures from Maui. There are a lot of pictures to sort through!
I should get to bed early so I can feel more energized tomorrow. I need to come up with something brilliant for Friday when the parents are in the class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't imagine swimming 1 lap, let alone 32! You go rock star.
That's hilarious about the $25 bill. Why have I never thought of that? I love money... and numbers!. Priceless!
Post a Comment