I leisurely walked to school this morning. It was very bright and sunny but not too hot. I was pretty sweaty when I got there, but it wasn't that much more so than other times I've walked. It felt like it was going to be a really hot day so I was glad that I had the idea to do some swimming after school.
The kids were CRAZY in the first session. My normally well-behaved zebras were scooting around, not listening, and then the tigers were pretty hard to deal with as usual. I tried being very stern, and I tried being very quiet. Neither of them seemed to help. I survived the morning classes and pretty much zoned out during my prep time. I should have been getting ready, but I didn't have a whole lot planned. The afternoon with the zebras went MUCH better. We read a book, reviewed the opposite words we worked on, they repeated after me like they were supposed to, and then I ran 10 minute centers with concentration, puzzles, and then a word find. Ahhh...so nice. The tigers came in and they thankfully sat for the story, and then we spent a lot of time going over the opposite words that they didn't listen to in the morning. I didn't think they'd do well with the centers so instead they worked on their journals with examples of opposite pairs. At some point during the tigers' afternoon class, though, it started raining! I was not prepared for rain. I wore a white linen shirt for one...but I thankfully had an umbrella in my purse with me. Some of the other English teachers were planning on playing tennis, but that ruined their plans. I still had my swimming stuff with me, and the pool is indoors, so I went for a swim.
I had the pool to myself and I swam 40 laps in the pool (2 km). It felt good, and I was feeling good enough to also walk back to the apartment even though it was raining. Well, I had my sequined flip flops on and they really have no traction at all on them. I was walking in an area between the buildings at the school and I totally slid, falling onto my right knee, other leg out in front of me in a split...right into a puddle! So, my butt and back were all wet. Great. I guess I could have kept walking, but instead went in the opposite direction to the train station. I was soaked and the wind was picking up. There seemed to be no humidity in the air, and I was starting to get cold (in Japan--in July?!). Thankfully I had my hoodie from Uniqlo in my purse as well so I could put that on to keep the chill off. I got back to the apartment and changed into warm, dry clothes and made dinner.
Tomorrow after school we are going to a baseball game...Go, go GIANTS! (Yomiuri Giants, that is!) I'm excited- it should be fun to see a game in the Tokyo Dome. Since that is a big thing tomorrow night, I plan on getting to bed early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment