...and it's after 10 PM! What a day!
Today was review day in the classes, and we continued to work on body parts. I wanted to get more conversation going so I worked on the "fortune teller" paku paku things that I tried last year. More thought went into it this year and I think it went well. Now we get to spend a couple of days making sure they can say what they wrote and practicing their English conversation skills. It was also picture day today so we went out onto the field and said, "Go, go ZEBRAS!" as our picture was taken. I still feel a little silly pumping my fist in the air, so I only did that with one group's picture.
This morning, the group that was going to see Harry Potter tonight asked if I wanted to go to the movie with them. I felt so much better than I did yesterday, so I ended up giving money for a ticket. We left school right away and met at the station near the school for the 4:04 PM train. We took the train to Shinjuku- a group of 15 of us! We lost about half of the group at one of the transfers, but that was fine. They knew where they were going! We got to the movie theater and picked up our (pre-paid, reserved seats) tickets, and then people went off in different directions for dinner. I had stopped at the Family Mart and picked up onigiris and some other snacks, so I didn't really want to do a sit down dinner. Instead, I ate my snacks with Lisa and her two daughters and then we did a little bit of shopping in the area before the movie started. Lisa has been teaching at the camp for 12 years or so, and her daughters attend the camp in the English speakers division. She is from the New Orleans area and is lots of fun to have around because she's always planning outings and stuff. But, she is only staying for this first session and going home at the end of next week.
We watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...a little disappointing, but I don't really know what I was expecting given the content of the book. But, it was fun to get out, and now I'm home. I'm glad I decided to go out on a Thursday night instead of last night because at least I know that I only have one more day of camp this week! No set plans for the weekend yet, but there is a barbecue tomorrow after the campers leave...chicken and hot dogs, I think. I wasn't that impressed last year so I might just go home depending on how I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Not impressed with hot dogs? What's wrong with you? hahahaha, I don't like them either.
So was the Harry Potter movie in english with Japanese subtitles?
Post a Comment