I ended up staying up until almost 2 AM last night so I slept until 10 this morning. I had intentions of getting out early and exploring today, but I got caught up in the book I started yesterday and didn't even get ready for the day until I finished it (at 3 PM)! Mom and Dad called me and it was nice to hear their voices and to catch up with them a little.
I got showered and ready to head out and decided to go to the Musashi Sakai station (one stop away from where I'm staying). There is a shopping center and department store that I went to last year to get some small gifts, so I thought I'd check it out again. I mainly wanted to break one of the large bills from my cash advance so I could have smaller bills to use more readily. And, of course when you are shopping for something in particular, you find and buy other things that you don't really need. I didn't buy any omiyage (gifts to bring back), but did buy some stuff for myself.
Well, I'm really good at justifying purchases so I did just that. :) I went to the Uniqlo store and found some deals that were too good to pass up. I bought a lightweight black hoodie. You see, I can carry it in my purse at all times so I will not get chilled on the freezing air-conditioned trains (one of the culprits for getting me sick last year, I think!). Then I bought another cardigan that can be used for the same purpose but in a fun, bright color! The hoodie was only 990 yen and the cardigan was 1290 yen, so both good deals. Then, I bought some stickers that can be used to reward (bribe?!) the students in English class when that starts tomorrow. I'll have plenty of time to shop for other people, and should probably look around more before deciding on purchases...right?! (can you tell I'm trying to convince myself here?!)
The iced coffee I drank from the vending machine on my way to the station was pretty strong, so I got that lovely shaky/low blood sugar thing going right on my way home. I stopped by the trusty Family Mart and got some juice and some other snacks as well. I made dinner and have been taking it easy, trying to plan in my mind for the 4th and 3rd graders tomorrow. I have a basic idea of what will fill the time, knowing that the first day will probably be mostly "get to know you" stuff. It will be fine, and if not, the next day is another day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment