Today was another hot day...the humidity was WAY up again and the air was just heavy. We started off the morning again in the gym, getting the new campers to their spots. I was drenched just walking around the gym. ICK.
Thankfully, the girls group is great. They are cute, they are using English as they should, and they are QUIET. Ahhh...I'm sure that it was just first day quietness while they figure out who they are going to be friends with, but WOW....what a difference between my girls and my boys. The boys were wild, and I was kinda ready for that, but I wasn't ready for the rudeness and the raunchiness. We were playing the modified version of Duck, Duck, Goose, and this one kid was whacking kids on the head instead of tapping them. He played dumb when I sat him out. In the afternoon, I gave them the alligator picture to color and cut out to put on their notebooks (they are the alligator group...and I have another group of Pigeons!). A couple of the boys started drawing penises on the alligators and also drew in pee and poop. Lovely. I gave them a look, took their pictures, and cut out the stuff they weren't supposed to draw and made them still color the rest. I didn't react strongly because then five more penises would have appeared on pages. Grrr...
The boys definitely aren't as fluent in English, either, so I am going to need to change up a lot of what I did last session. I'm going to have a lot of centers to run so they will have quick activities to do, only 10 minutes at a time. It would have been nice to do the same thing as last session. Grrr (again!)
I have heard thunder for the last 20 minutes or so...I hope that the rain will come and will take some of the heaviness out of the air. It's going to be a brutal 2 more weeks if it stays this hot! Weather.com says it's 93 degrees, feels like 102! Yeah, that's about right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment