Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mini meltdown

I felt like I was barely going to make it home after camp. My head was stuffy, it was sunny and hot, and my cough was still there. All I wanted to do was to take a long nap and wake up feeling refreshed. Well, I went to lie down and I got an intense coughing spell that made me feel like I pulled something in my stomach. Normally I breathe through my nose to prevent breathing through my mouth, which triggers the coughing spells, but for some reason I am more stuffed up now than I have been in this whole time I've been sick. I figured out that if I sleep on my left side, the coughing stops, but if I sleep on my right side, the sinus pressure drains. When I started coughing while lying on my side, I started gagging. To add insult to injury, I think I may have had a fever as well. I took Tylenol for that and felt better a couple hours later.

To make a long, pitiful story short, I had a crying spell (that messed with my sinuses even more!) because I really just wanted to go to the store and buy something like Nyquil that would knock me out and hopefully hit all of my symptoms at once. Instead, I tossed and turned in bed from 7:30 PM until this morning at 7:30 AM. I'm going to try to make it through the day of camp and then come home and fill the antibiotics prescription.

No comments: