Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm in Japan!

...and I'm connected to the internet! :) The travel today went very well. My flight left a little early and got in early. I started and finished a 500 page novel and watched two movies (no sleeping for me!) on the flight. The flight was pretty uneventful and then when I got off the plane, everything was just perfect...my bag was already on the carousel as I walked up to it, I rented a cell phone upon arrival and then bought my bus ticket for a bus that left 5 minutes later. I didn't realize it was going to be a 2 hour bus ride, but it was air conditioned and nice to see the sights as I came into town.

I was met at the station by Tim (the day camp director's husband) and taken to my Auntie Leslie's place, and was even given juice, milk, bread and bananas to get me started! I'm going to attempt to sleep at a "normal" bedtime tonight and hopefully just sleep through the night and not overdo it and throw my schedule off. Tonight I'm working on unpacking and getting settled in. It's been about 20 hours since I left my house and it'll probably hit me as soon as I lay down.

I figured out how to get the air conditioning going so that has made a big difference. I've unpacked and peeked around the kitchen to get some stuff put away. This place is amazing...and probably bigger than my place back home! Too bad I'm not having anyone come visit me! I'll figure out how to post pictures and add them to this site. I'm fading pretty fast so I should get going!

Kitchen area from the tatami room
Tatami room/living room

There are two other basic rooms for sleeping but there's no real need to post those! :)

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm so excited for you! It's nice to have an experience like this away from home and, even better, to have familiar faces to help you along the way. So, are these pics of your Aunt's home?

Tamiko said...

Yes, those are pictures of the rooms where I spend most of my time (besides sleeping of course!)