Friday, August 14, 2009

Finally Friday!

I am pretty exhausted now so I will make this entry short.  The day with the parents went really well.  I went to school with Auntie Leslie this morning and got to meet some of her colleagues (some who have worked at the camp all summer and not known we are related)!  I got some compliments from both the parents and the counselors I worked with.  The parent said that her child was excited about English class, and the counselor said he appreciated how I was organized and that the time went by quickly.  He liked how I read books that weren't too simple in English, but were good stories.  He has been a counselor for a while in a lot of different classrooms so that was nice to hear.  I don't ever see anyone else teach in Summer Day Camp, so I don't know how to compare, I guess.

After the sayonara ceremony (same thing- the performances and our singing of the camp song), Auntie Leslie and I went back to her place to get ready for dinner.  We were meeting 4 of her friends at the Shibuya station to go to Torigin (yakitori restaurant).  The food was yummy and the conversation was good.  On our way back, we stopped at Musashi Sakai and went to Starbucks, and I ran into my English teacher friends there.  They pretty much went every night to Starbucks there so I wasn't that surprised to see them!  :)  We got home, talked on Skype with Doug and the kids and now it's time for bed!  I need to finish up with packing and my bag will be picked up at the house at 9:15.  I will head to ASIJ by 11 AM for the bus, and I will be on my way home!  I checked in already.  I hope to see Mariko during my layover in Seattle.  Hopefully I will get in early and get through customs no problem.  It'd be fun to have breakfast with her or something before I get on my noon flight to SFO.  It'll be a long day of travel, but to know that I get to sleep in my own bed at the end of it all...in my house that I miss a lot, it's worth it!  I'm looking forward to seeing friends in the area again.  I've met some great people here but my friends are still the best! ;)  See ya soon...

1 comment:

Tara said...

Welcome home!!!!! I hope your travels are non-eventful. Have a safe trip!