Thursday, July 16, 2009

Day with Hideko and Peter

Hideko picked me up this afternoon and took me to see their new apartment (new from last year when I was visiting them last). We went for an afternoon snack at a soba shop across the street from their apartment, and then we went grocery shopping. Who knew that grocery shopping could be fun?! It was neat having Uncle Peter there to show me what's good, explain the Japanese on some of the packages, and to generally be able to navigate around in a way that was much more mindless than when I'm out wandering on my own, trying to call up my Japanese and find my way around!

After we got back to the apartment, Uncle Peter and I created a Mii character for me and started playing Wii Sports Resort edition. I don't think it's available in the States yet, but it was quite fun! We played the canoe game, the wakeboarding one, skydiving, and flying a plane. I wasn't very good at any of them, but tried anyway!

Hideko made some yummy scallops and mushrooms and vegetables and salad. Chocolate ice cream for dessert made it just perfect! They drove me back to the apartment after dinner so I can get some rest before tomorrow's orientation. I guess that means I should get to bed and rest up!

1 comment:

mds said...

Good start!!!!!!!!! one post per day already ;) Have a great time and Yeah, life seems easier when we are try to be positive (work in progress for me)