I woke up and had some fruit and a piece of toast for breakfast. I left the house to do some last minute shopping, and then I bought my ticket to the airport tomorrow. I came home and packed...it was quite the task! I felt like I started off packing so well, but then I kept finding more and more around the place that I needed to fit somewhere. I guess I can't expect to be here for 5 weeks and not have my stuff spread out all over the place! It looks like I'll be able to make it all fit into the suitcase...just keep your fingers crossed for me that I don't go over the 50 lbs. I'm allowed in this bag. The backpack and camera case I'm taking on the plane are pretty heavy...
I left the apartment at 4:40 to catch the train to go back to ASIJ to meet Auntie Leslie. It felt weird to be walking to the school at dusk instead of to the train station on my way home at that time! I still had my badge from Summer Day Camp so I didn't have any trouble getting onto the campus. When I first got to Auntie Leslie's office at 5, she wasn't there yet. Someone told me she was still in a meeting that she was in since 12 noon! Yikes. We didn't end up leaving the school until 5:45 to meet up with Uncle Andy, Uncle Peter, and Hideko for dinner. We met them at 7 PM near the Meguro station at a conveyor belt sushi restaurant. Back home, we have the sushi boat restaurants, and usually the quality is okay, but this place...WOW! The onigiri sushi usually has the fish just cover the rice, but here, it was fish 3 times longer than the rice underneath it! It was so good, and so reasonable!!! I wish I knew about it earlier! Uncle Andy treated us to the dinner...we finished 50 plates worth of food between the 5 of us! YUM! Uncle Andy said that he can't wait to take my mom there...we know she'd love it! I'll post pictures when I get home of some of the food. I have my laptop packed up and am using Auntie Leslie's for email and updating the blog...



I will finish up with packing tomorrow morning and then start the journey home. I will post again when I get home, but I look forward to talking to you all on the phone and seeing you in person so I can find out what is going on with everyone else! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment